Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

viral infection calpol query?

(3 Posts)
MrsMuskett Wed 19-Feb-14 19:31:51

Hi guys, we had to take my 15 week old to the primary care sat night as he had a rash n fever. Doc saw him n said its a viral infection. Calpol for 3 days n he'l b OK, but virus may take 10-14 days to go. Problem is that he's been fine today with out calpol, but still has a bit of a rash, but its defo got better. N just now his temps just gone up n he's grizzly again. Can I give him some more xalpol or let the virus run course? Doc only said calpol for 3 days so not sure what to do? Xx

PeazlyPops Wed 19-Feb-14 19:34:16

A Dr friend told me that the whole "only give calpol for three days" is more so that people don't just keep giving calpol, without finding out what the underlying issue is.

However, as your baby is so young, I'd check with your gp or out of hours.

MrsMuskett Wed 19-Feb-14 19:58:27

Thanks I will ring them. He seems fine in his self, he's happy, eating n sleeping. I don't like giving any meds unless it's a nessesity, I'm just not sure what to do with him. Thanks, I'll c what they say x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: