Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Experience with metopic suture? - ridge down front of baby's forehead.

(1 Post)
hope123x Tue 18-Feb-14 16:48:19

A bit of background.. When my ds was born I noticed a ridge running from the top of his forehead down to his nose, at first I thought it was from where he had been squished during labour and this is what my health visitor and midwife thought as well. When he was a couple weeks old we went to hospital for a different reason and the paediatrician mentioned the ridge and said we should get it check at his 6 week check as it could mean the two bones at the front of his head could have fused to early which can lead to pressure being put on to the brain..So I asked the gp at 6 week check and he referred us to a paediatrician at our local hosp.
He's now 15 weeks and recently seen the peadiatrician who sent him for an X-ray and referred us to oxford so still waiting for our appointment for that.
I think his bones have already fused because when I touch the ridge it's hard and runs from his soft spot to his nose and from birds eye view his head is pointed at the forehead and his soft spot is very small which can be a symptom, obviously I'm not a dr and maybe worrying too much. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now