Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

1yr old sticking tongue out

(5 Posts)
Pink700 Mon 17-Feb-14 22:58:08

My 1 year old always has his tongue out, I spoke to the doctor about this and she said it was nothing to worry about but I can't help worrying! Everyone always comments on it and says stuff to him like get that tongue in put that away, they aren't sayin it to be nasty it's just that it gets to me as I'm already worried about it, he never just sits with his mouth closed while awake and it's not like he is sticking it out its like it's just hanging, he is a really good eater, good at eating all finger food and chewing, he can sit up crawl and walk, has anyone else's child done this and grown out of it? Should I go back to the doctor? I've looked it up the there's just so many different things on the net! Thank you

Waltonswatcher1 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:07:52

I would speak to the HV. She will either reassure or refer you . Of course you are worried ,you are his mum and your radar has to be sensitive! I am sure it's all ok but it won't hurt to check it out.

Pink700 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:26:15

I did call her b4 I asked the doctor and she seemed to think it was just a faze and that he will grow out of it? She asked if he was reaching all other milestones which he is, But I just feel like its lasting to long and I can't help but worry I think I will go and speak to someone again I guess I'm just lookin for someone to tell me their child did this and grow out if it lol thank you xx

SJisontheway Mon 17-Feb-14 23:50:29

Dd2 was like this. I didn't think much until a nurse was concerned at a check up. She was seen by a paediatrician who did some blood tests (checking thyroid I think). All came back clear. She's 5 now, doesn't stick it out anymore, although it is unusually long.

kotinka Mon 17-Feb-14 23:52:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now