Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Undescended testicles

(4 Posts)
Llareggub Mon 17-Feb-14 15:04:14

My DS is nearly 5 and has Undescended testicles.

He was seen by a consultant in hospital A in December 2012. She was unconcerned and said they'd fall down by themselves.

I moved cities and asked his new GP for advice a year later. He was seen by another consultant at hospital B. The consultant recommended surgery and states in the letter to the GP that there is "significant atrophy to his left testicle."

Does anyone know what the significance of this might be? I will obviously ask the consultant when I see him. Should I have pushed a bit harder in hospital A?

Llareggub Mon 17-Feb-14 16:33:05

Hopeful bump :-)

ZingSweetApple Mon 17-Feb-14 17:43:20

not sure, but DS2 has just had the surgery 3 months ago (he is 10)

he should have had it 3 years ago, but we were repeatedly told they will decend eventually.
I was not convinced and had yearly check ups - last consultant finally agreed that he needed the surgery.

get it done now, he'll recover much quicker the younger he is - DS2 missed a month of school and threw him off his game, which is rubbish, considering he is year 6!

DS4 is now 7 and is likely to need the same surgery so I will get him referred in a few months - so by the time he is due the surgery other things will be out of the way.
(I'm due in July plus moving soon hopefully so his thing has to be on hold for now)

but I'm not waiting for years again.

best of luck

EatShitDerek Mon 17-Feb-14 17:46:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now