Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler with cystitis?

(4 Posts)
Nevercan Mon 17-Feb-14 13:27:10

Is this possible? She is 2.5 and keeps starting to wee and stopping in her knickers and then goes well when she gets to the potty. We have been to the doctors who have done a urine test and nothing shows up so they have given some antibiotics which hasn't made any difference. They are now sending off a swab. Apparently cystitis doesn't show on a urine test but is there remedies you can give a toddler? She was originally very good at the whole potty training thing and she keeps saying her wee wee/tummy hurts. What else do you think it could be? Thanks

dodi1978 Mon 17-Feb-14 16:42:58

I had something similar at that age - constant bladder infections! In the end, it turned out that there was a 'bend' in the connection between the bladder and the kidneys, which made my urine jam back to the kidneys. Once it that 'bend' was surgically taken out, I was absolutely fine and am still today.

This is not to worry you, but probably something to look into if antibiotics don't help in the long term. I was on and off antibiotics for ages, would get better and then have the infection back - until it was finally sorted.

Sorry for the lack of medical terminology. There is a medical term for this, but I don't know it.

Nevercan Tue 18-Feb-14 14:11:03

Thanks for the info grin

Norfolknway Wed 19-Feb-14 10:16:42

Funny you mention this.

My dd 2.7 has been diagnosed with a uti and has had her antibiotics. S
She seems fine, but she has just started doing a little wee in her knickers first the a wee on the toilet; not all of the time, just sometimes.

I wonder if it's related and the infection us still there - how is your DD now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now