Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Eye drops for 2yo

(5 Posts)
diddlediddledumpling Sun 16-Feb-14 23:53:36

Ds3 has what looks to me like conjunctivitis. I'm taking him to the dr tomorrow and expect to be given eye drops. I just wondered if anyone has any tips for giving these to a toddler? Compliance isn't a trait he's displaying much of at the minute....grin

diddlediddledumpling Mon 17-Feb-14 08:01:08

Bump..

Waltonswatcher1 Mon 17-Feb-14 23:11:41

I am squirting breast milk at all the family ,all five of us have it . It spread really swiftly despite us never sharing towels .
Bathe it with cooled boiled salt water .
As for giving drops,lie them down in your lap.

diddlediddledumpling Wed 19-Feb-14 20:46:13

Thank you! Two of us have been pinning him down to get them in, with only limited success. To say he's resisting would be rather an understatement! Going to try while he's asleep, I think.
My days of squirting breast milk are over, so sadly that's not an option. Do you line the family up and aim? grin

Seems to be a fair bit of this about. Thankfully hasn't moved round the rest of us here (yet).

working3jobs Sun 23-Feb-14 20:22:55

probably a bit late now, but, I used to be an ophthalmology nurse .don't try prising eyes open, it'll only make you both stressed!
just lie child down, ask them to close their eyes gently, not sqeezeed tight. drop a couple of drops into the inner corner of eye, then ask child to open eyes.( whilst still lying down) drops will find their way in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now