Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4 year old boy red sore anus

(4 Posts)
Beccawoo Sun 16-Feb-14 19:32:20

My DS (4) has just cone back from a weekend at his dads. He complained in the car on the way home that his bottom is sore. On looking at home, it is bright red all around his anus, didn't look dirty though. I've put a bit of canesten on in case it is fungal, along with sudocreme to try to soothe it. He's been on antibiotics for chest infection since Friday. Could it be connected? Or any other thoughts or suggestions to help?! Thanks!

TinyTwoTears Sun 16-Feb-14 19:38:11

Did your DS have a bath while he was over there? Sometimes if they are wiped properly after using the toilet but not washed they get a bit red and itchy.
Sudocreme or bepanthen sounds like it will help.

Elderberri Sun 16-Feb-14 20:22:41

Sounds like the ABs to me. It could be a candida infection due to the ABs.

Canesten should sort it, keep it really clean and dry, you might want to consider showering after a poo, rather than using toilet tissue as this can aggravate.

SingMoreWhenYoureWinning Sun 16-Feb-14 23:21:27

Could it be thread worms?

Ds1 has had these a couple of times, with the main symptom being an itchy anus, but of course the scratching can then make it red or sore. Is he itching at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now