Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Drs or not?

(6 Posts)
Willthisworknow Thu 13-Feb-14 16:55:44

Just got a call from nursery saying 18 month old not well. She's had a temp since Sunday. Thought she was on the mend but does have an awful cough. Not sure if I should take her to the drs or not as temp comes down with calpol but that's her been ill for 5 days - has bright red cheeks and her face us been looking puffy.

Rosa Thu 13-Feb-14 16:58:27

If I have understood she has had an ongoing temperature for 5 days then yes I would take her to be checked over.

So your child with a temperature , even though it was coming down with calpol was in nursery infecting other children ? Or have I mis understood.?

Willthisworknow Thu 13-Feb-14 17:29:48

She had a normal temp this morning but her temperature went up this afternoon following a sleep. she had a temp yesterday but seemed ok this morning. Exclusions only apply for certain conditions.

justmuddlingalongsomehow Sat 15-Feb-14 06:47:09

It's not about 'exclusions' it's about parental responsibility. She had clearly been unwell for several days. I always allow 24 hrs after a temp as they so easily do up and down, especially in little ones.

Hope she's on the mend now anyway.

Willthisworknow Sat 15-Feb-14 13:11:20

I work full time - if I did that, I'd have had a months worth of annual leave as she's had a temp constantly on and off. Quite frankly, all the kids in nursery are sporting some cough or other. Anyway, they were concerned about her puffiness so we submitted a urine sample to ensure kidneys were working which came back normal. She has a v puffy eye which I'm sure is peri orbital cellulitis. Can't believe they just focused on one thing. Not sure,whether to call NHS direct.

justmuddlingalongsomehow Sat 15-Feb-14 14:58:13

If you're still concerned I'd take her back. Hope you get it sorted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now