Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

GP or watch and wait?

(8 Posts)
NoRoomForALittleOne Wed 12-Feb-14 13:09:15

DD3 (7mo) has had a cold for over two weeks and it has been particularly heavy for the past few days. She is OK. A bit of a temp over the weekend. Not always eating great but certainly has enough to keep going. Tires easily but then she is waking up with her snottiness. Anyway, I'm totally fine with all of that.

But... The past couple of days her cough has sounded worse and her breathing sounds quite bubbly. I can feel the vibrations in the lower left part of her chest. She seems to clear some of it when she coughs but not all of it. Does she need to have her chest listened to or will it pass?

phoolani Wed 12-Feb-14 13:11:47

Doctor ASAP.

phoolani Wed 12-Feb-14 13:12:43

Sorry, just realised that might look a bit alarming! I have no expertise at all, but I would certainly get her to he docs for bubbly breathing.

BitsinTatters Wed 12-Feb-14 13:14:21

Yep get to the doctors x

DaleyBump Wed 12-Feb-14 13:16:01

Agree, docs.

Millie2013 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:22:26

Yes, definitely a GP visit, she might have a secondary bacterial infection and need some antibiotics

NoRoomForALittleOne Wed 12-Feb-14 13:22:50

Alright, I'll call the GP. Thanks for responses.

NoRoomForALittleOne Fri 14-Feb-14 12:58:50

Just to update - we went to the GP who prescribed antibiotics and an ipratropium inhaler. She is slowly improving.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now