Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Quick advice please- Medicine for baby

(3 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Tue 11-Feb-14 08:59:36

Taking dd to dr this morning she has another chest infection had one before Xmas and was prescribed amoxicillin which was a nightmare she hated it and went nuts everytime we struggled to get it in her sad
She hates the banana flavour
Are there any other medicines/antibiotics she could have instead or does anyone know if amoxicillin comes in other flavours then I can get something else for her?
Any advice would be fab thanks

monikar Tue 11-Feb-14 09:14:39

I believe the amoxicillin also comes in an orange flavour if I remember correctly. I know it is not considered a popular opinion, but the sugar-free medicines can taste really disgusting, so would you consider asking for the sugar version? It might make it easier to get it in her?

Good luck - hope she is better soon

nilbyname Tue 11-Feb-14 09:20:27

yes, i second the not getting the sugar free stuff, it is completely rank! I am not a sugar pusher, but for the sake of a short course of necessary medicine, I think its fine.

Have you also tried a humidifier with a drop of olbas oil in it to help with breathing at night?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now