Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS says willy hurts at swimming?!

(7 Posts)
Ruggles Mon 10-Feb-14 17:25:23

DS aged 5 loves swimming and looks forward to it at school. His teacher asked for a word today as he has been complaining that his willy hurts during / after the swimming session - he says it feels as if its bleeding. She asked me to investigate!! It looks ok, but he said is has gone down now... Any ideas???

minipie Mon 10-Feb-14 17:50:46

Maybe he has a tiny cut and the chlorine is stinging? Or maybe there is some sort of friction from his swim shorts...?

Ruggles Mon 10-Feb-14 20:15:54

Thanks Mini, I wonder if it is a cut. Will have another look tomorrow!! The joys of motherhood smile

deakymom Sat 15-Feb-14 23:59:58

do the shorts have a mesh bit in them? my son had some and he has a pointy tip and he got stuck when i helped him off with his shorts the squeal was a bit loud! he wears lycra ones now!

waterlego Sun 16-Feb-14 00:13:19

Oh bless him. Did he actually say 'it's gone down now'?

If so, that makes me wonder if he was having an erection. My little boy has always had occasional erections since he was a baby (like most boys, I expect), but when he was about 4/5 he started complaining that they hurt. I think this was because his foreskin had begun to fully retract at that age, and he found it painful because the glans was obviously very sensitive, having always been covered up. He used to get pretty distressed about it. Could it be that? Sorry for graphic description!

MellowMarshmallow Sun 16-Feb-14 00:29:10

I've got 2 boys and totally agree w waterlego. Gently encouraged ds to have a play in the bath which helped stretch the foreskin a little and may have helped desensitise a little. could be wrong though so recommend a thorough inspection.

Willthisworknow Sun 16-Feb-14 18:17:56

Balanitis?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now