Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dummy rash

(4 Posts)
plannedshock Mon 10-Feb-14 09:46:26

Is there anything I can use? My dd has got a rash goatee she only has a dummy at night after an hour I take it out and she will at some point through the night put it back in. She doesn't have it a lot. Is there a barrier cream or anything you have used that works?

BridgetJonesPants25 Mon 10-Feb-14 11:18:47

Try vaseline, however don't be so sure it is dummy rash. My DD has what I thought was a rash from her dummy, she didn't have hers much either. I took her dummy away but it got progressively worse and ended up being so raw it was weeping.

Had her at the docs several times and they eventually said it was eczema.

plannedshock Mon 10-Feb-14 15:50:00

Thanks for that,funny you say eczema she has that already I never even thought of that, with try Vaseline then maybe diprobase that I have for eczema.

BridgetJonesPants25 Mon 10-Feb-14 15:59:39

It wasn't something I ever would have thought of because it was only round her mouth. Like I said it took several trips to the docs and she ended up needing a steroid cream, cleared within 2 days.

Hopefully it clears up soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now