Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Do these sound like possible pre-spot chicken pox symptoms?

(5 Posts)
Siphonophore Sat 08-Feb-14 09:47:10

My 4 year old was exposed to chicken pox about 2.5 weeks ago.

He went to bed with a dry cough on Thursday night, woke up in the early hours with a fever. All day yesterday he stayed in bed with a high temp (38-39.4c), unproductive cough and very watery runny nose. He has complained of a tummy ache a bit and had a little bit of diarrhoea last night.

He is a bit brighter this morning but still feverish with this cough and streaming watery nose.

I can't stop scanning him for spots and googling early symptoms, but there is no sign of a single spot. I am a woman obsessed! shock

Please someone tell me to get a grip, that it is obviously just some random virus, and send me to get on with my day! blush

... or does it sound like it might be chicken pox??

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sat 08-Feb-14 09:49:11

I get like this everytime the dc have been exposed to it and still nothing, it's been 6 years.

Siphonophore Sat 08-Feb-14 10:02:48

LOL! I'm the same LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName! Just can not seem to help myself haha! I bet both my kids will wait until they are adults to catch it just to drive me potty for their entire childhoods!

LoveBeingCantThinkOfAName Sat 08-Feb-14 11:07:36

I was late teens!

Dd had a spot last week that dh and I were convinced was it but nothing

Siphonophore Sat 08-Feb-14 11:14:28

Said child now does have a single spot, on his leg. Looks much like every other spot we too have ever falsely suspected of being chicken pox so I think it is probably just a coincidental zit...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now