Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help. First upper molar cracked and broken both sides. Sudden.

(6 Posts)
edwardrocks Fri 07-Feb-14 22:40:37

Please help. I am so worried. Looking at tooth loss chart these are the next teeth to come out.Dd is 7 . has lost 8 teeth already. Noticed a few days ago one of these had back half missing an today the back of the same tooth on the other side. saw the dentist in Oct and no problems. Dhe has not complained of pain but obviously I am concerned. Will see the dentist Monday but seems sudden fir this to happpen

moodster3 Sat 08-Feb-14 01:55:32

My son is also seven and I basically freaked when I sons back teeth looked broken. The dentist reassured me and said it's adult teeth coming in and it's forcing the tooth that was there out. My son is iron deficient so I thought it was something to do with that or I thought not enough calcium but I was told its what happens. Give him pain relief and take him to dentist if you are concerned tho.

differentnameforthis Sat 08-Feb-14 04:30:23

Are you sure they are broken & not just starting to come through, thereby covered in gum still?

Mrsmorton Sat 08-Feb-14 20:09:12

If you count from the middle, how many teeth back? So the big front tooth is number one, next is number two etc.

edwardrocks Sun 09-Feb-14 16:47:37

it is the 4th tooth back on each side.

Mrsmorton Sun 09-Feb-14 18:36:20

That's odd, any adult teeth at this age would be coming through right at the back so would be the sixth tooth, the D teeth which are usually fourth from the front in children aren't lost until 11ish but it would be highly unusual to get the same problem, spontaneously, on both sides.

It could be decay and the teeth have fractured which happens fairly frequently unfortunately. Would be good lo have a look or post some pics if you can get them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now