Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD is a bit pigeon toed and I think her turned-in foot could be hurting her?

(7 Posts)
Kiwiinkits Thu 06-Feb-14 21:13:20

My DD (almost two) has a bit of a pigeon toe. Lately she's been limping on that foot, but its not all the time and I don't think it's causing her a lot of pain or anything. Just a bit worried, and I will do what I can to correct the foot or make it more comfortable for her. Are there any physiotherapists out there who can advise if there's anything I can do? Would taking her to a physio actually achieve anything?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 07-Feb-14 20:49:28

Do you think it would be worth taking her to the GP?

Kiwiinkits Sat 08-Feb-14 07:34:03

I don't think it would warrant a special trip Jilted. Was hoping I might get some free advice on here, tbh!

2whippetsnobed Sat 08-Feb-14 08:00:24

I would in and see your health visitor. They can refer you on. We took dd when she was 2 as she had very turned in feet and tripped over herself all the time. We were given some exercises to do and over the years she has improved.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 08-Feb-14 18:04:13

Are you in the uk kiwi? Just asking as seeing the doctor here is just as free as MN smile

Kiwiinkits Tue 11-Feb-14 04:16:54

No I'm in New Zealand (we used to have free gp visits for kids but not anymore. Not at my local clinic anyway).

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 11-Feb-14 11:14:35

Oh ok. What have you decided?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now