Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS' very smelly farts!

(7 Posts)
nomoreminibreaks Wed 05-Feb-14 19:40:58

DS (2.10) poos normally about 2 or 3 times a day and doesn't struggle to go, soft but formed etc. but in the past few days has been doing really smelly farts - even the lady at nursery commented that they kept thinking someone had pooed their pants but it was just DS' farts!

If everything else appears fine is there any reason why this could be?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 07-Feb-14 20:52:19

Does he have any issues with milk? Only I'm cows milk protein intolerant and have been known to have a few issues in this department if I've had anything with dairy in blush[grin

nomoreminibreaks Fri 07-Feb-14 22:14:39

He doesn't have any dairy issues that I'm aware of. He's always had cow's milk and hasn't been having any more of it recently.

He did a particularly smelly one in the queue on Costa today, which was pretty embarrassing confused

mousmous Fri 07-Feb-14 22:17:52

dc had smelly farts when a bug is going round. if it goes away after a few days I woudn't worry (even if it's unpleasant).

nomoreminibreaks Fri 07-Feb-14 22:42:48

He has actually come down with a high temperature today - I wonder if he is fighting a bug?

SanityClause Fri 07-Feb-14 22:48:31

Could be food intolerances. DS used to do terrible farts, until we found his food intolerances, which are gluten, eggs and dairy. he also had terrible tummy ache, every day.

Now we have all but cut those out of his diet, things are much better for him.

deakymom Sun 16-Feb-14 00:06:45

my son has/had a bug and it started off as farts then it was sickness and diarrhea for 10 days sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now