Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS is quite often sick, just once, in the night

(5 Posts)
Mojang Tue 04-Feb-14 21:21:58

or sometimes first thing in the morning.

It's always happened, ever since he was a tot (he's now 13) perhaps 3-4 times a year. (so not that often really)

He'll be fine the following day, happy, lively, hungry just his usual self. Because of that I've never taken him to the doctor and we very rarely go, so it's not like I could mention it when there about something else. By morning there's nothing to see/tell but I have been scared by a friend who has recently discovered that the "nothing" she wasn't worried about in her DS turned out to be something quite serious which should have been treated ages ago sad

Is Ds "normal"? Should I mention it to Dr?

Misfitless Tue 04-Feb-14 22:53:26

No. It's normal. Take him to the doctors confused. I think if it was something serious, it would be happening more than 4 times a year, but to put your mind at rest, he needs to see a doctor.

Are you sure it's only happening 3/4 times a year?

PJ67 Wed 05-Feb-14 00:40:55

Hi. My son has cyclic vomitting syndrome and will be sick for a few hours, usually early morning and then be fine again. It can happen several times a month to 3 or 4 times a year. Google it and see what you think. May be worth mentioning to the GP as a possibility as they don't seem to know too much about this. My son was diagnosed by a gastroenterologist.

Misfitless Wed 05-Feb-14 07:35:31

I meant it's not normal, sorry, Mojang.

MistyB Wed 05-Feb-14 18:16:37

Is he not quite right the previous day?

My DS does at times vomit in the night or first thing in the morning. Snce discovering that it is normally a food reaction, I can usually see in hindsight (or see it coming!!) that he is unhappy the day before, sometimes complaining of tummy ache (he is 4). He does have lots of food issues but it is usually a combination of foods that leads to the vomiting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now