Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lumps in 3 yr olds neck

(6 Posts)
mummyto2boysandagirl3 Mon 03-Feb-14 21:36:19

Ds2 (age3) has paeds appt next wk for ftt has been losing weight since sept and is asthmatic. Has a mild dairy intolerance and gp done bloods for coeliac liver & kidney function etc all came back ok but still losing weight. Noticed just before Xmas one tonsil was massive literally taking up half his throat so gp referred to paeds. However yday I noticed left side of his neck is full of little lumps some r quite large and visible from a fair distance. They feel quite hard too. Should I take him to gp or wait and c paeds next wk? He doesn't appear poorly btw no temp or any sign of illness ...

LoveSewingBee Mon 03-Feb-14 21:54:09

I would take him to GP just in case GP thinks he needs it further checked out and then you may have all info at hand when you see the paediatrician next week.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Tue 04-Feb-14 18:58:50

If he has an enlarged tonsil it would be perfectly normal for all the lymph nodes in his neck to be up- that's normal behaviour for the lymph system. Just mention it to paed next week

sunshineandshowers Fri 07-Feb-14 17:55:44

I had lumps in my neck as a child. They were cystic hygromas. I was under great ormund street. I am fine! I had two ops. Sometimes they can get infected which may explain weight loss? In all honesty I don't know how the GP could help you over next week? The pead will be the person. Go in prepared with lots of questions. Xxx

sunshineandshowers Fri 07-Feb-14 17:56:02

Ormond

Partridge Fri 07-Feb-14 23:05:20

If it is one tonsil and not both I would take him to the gp. It is probably incidental, and I don't want to alarm you, but I think you should have it checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now