Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Diphtheria, Tetanus and Poliomyelitis Immunisation, Year 10 Jab tomorrow

(12 Posts)
Sparklingbrook Mon 03-Feb-14 18:47:08

DS1 is having this tomorrow. Anyone's child had it?

Is it one injection? Any side effects?

TIA

mousmous Mon 03-Feb-14 18:53:52

netdr info

as with most vaccines side effects are usually minimal. if he does get side effects you can report to the yellow card scheme

Sparklingbrook Mon 03-Feb-14 18:58:57

Thanks mous. DS is getting a bit worried about it.

PJ67 Mon 03-Feb-14 23:36:13

Hi. My 14 yr had had his today along with meningitis C and is fine so far. He got one injection in each arm.

Sparklingbrook Tue 04-Feb-14 06:48:47

Ooh thanks PJ, I am so pleased I know it may be two now. I can warn him. thanks

RestingActress Tue 04-Feb-14 06:57:53

DS had it on fri, said it didn't hurt but in retrospect wished he had made a fuss as his theatrical friend pretended to feel faint and got given tea and biscuits and sent home!

Sparklingbrook Tue 04-Feb-14 06:59:15

Oh no resting. I am imagining a lot of fuss TBH. Do they see each other getting the jab?

kreecherlivespstairs Tue 04-Feb-14 07:02:00

Glad to see this. I didn't even know they got more vax blush. I was at the GP yesterday having my flu one and idly asked the practice nurse.
DD will be chuffed to bits hmm

Sparklingbrook Tue 04-Feb-14 07:16:08

We got a letter asking whether he was having it at school or whether we would arrange for him to have it at the GPs kreecher.

busybeev Tue 04-Feb-14 07:21:08

My DS had his last week. He had a fever and headache on the night and had to have the next day off school. Apparently there were a few of them off the day after and a few fainted!

RestingActress Tue 04-Feb-14 13:59:42

Sparkling I know that the fainter at our school faked it, as he was here laughing about it the next day grin

I don't think they saw the injection, I think they lined up with sleeves rolled up and went in separately.

Sparklingbrook Tue 04-Feb-14 16:48:22

Resting he has returned. He is complaining of achey arm. He says one boy asked if he could do the injection himself. shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now