Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this normal (poo)?

(7 Posts)
HHH3 Mon 03-Feb-14 09:08:34

DS2 is 13 months. He poos between 3 and 5 times a day - every day. It's also quite squishy. If he eats something that I can identify when it comes out the other end it always takes less than 24hrs to go through him.

He had problems with constipation in the summer and was on lactulose for a while. But that's all resolved and he's not been on lactulose since September. He was also tested for celiac at the time which was clear.

So I'm just wondering whether this all sounds within the realms of normal?

HHH3 Tue 04-Feb-14 08:57:01

Anyone?

Sunshineonsea Tue 04-Feb-14 09:45:06

3-5 does sound a lot, and it sounds like he's not digesting his good properly, I don't really know what to suggest but didmt want to read and run
Ds used to poo once or twice a day at that age
I would speak to your GP or health visitor

HHH3 Tue 04-Feb-14 12:41:53

Thanks sunshine. I'm worried he's not digesting food properly as well. Might be worth giving the HV a call.

Twighlightsparkle Tue 04-Feb-14 22:26:16

Yes defiantly worth taking further, so many food intolerances etc, worth checking out.

HHH3 Wed 05-Feb-14 16:26:48

Just thought I'd update. Spoke to the HV earlier and she says it's all definitely within the realms of normal which is great. I just wish he wouldn't poo so often cos it's costing me a fortune in nappies!

WireCat Wed 05-Feb-14 16:31:44

My son had this. Was diagnosed with toddler diarrhea. Basically they're gut iss till under developed. Hence seeing un digested food.

Unfortunately mine is now 4 & still having horrendous problems but he does have some food intolerances.

Google toddler diarreoh anyway. Best wishes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now