Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

1:400 positive ANA

(6 Posts)
Divster Tue 28-Jan-14 14:19:29

My 6 year old has on going problems, now they found that her ANA is positive, but dsDNA and ENA is negative. Her problems are that since a major stomach op 3 years ago she has stomach distension, pain, bacterial overgrowth in small bowel, tiredness and meltdowns, general aches and pains. She also has no IgA in her blood, but is neg for celiac blood test.

I just want her to be better, no one seems to take seriously how bad her meltdowns are when she feels unwell

Divster Sun 09-Mar-14 19:50:36

She has been retested, and it's still the same, so she has been discharged and if she shows any signs of connective tissue disease she is to be referred to paediatric rheumatology. The only symptom they think is linked is dry eyes

Divster Sun 16-Mar-14 20:37:51

I took her to our gp on Thursday, as she just hasn't been well in herself for the last 5 weeks, came away with an urgent paed referral for her. She now has a heart murmur, and looks like she should been referred to rheumatology, instead of being of discharged.

Divster Tue 01-Apr-14 12:33:08

Urgent paediatric referral is an 8 week wait, would I be unreasonable to take her back to gp, to see if the heart murmur is still there?

Twighlightsparkle Wed 02-Apr-14 20:03:57

Sorry I don't understand all of your post however I'd give the Gp a call and ask ehatbtheybthink.

chocolatecakeystuff Wed 02-Apr-14 20:34:01

Hiya, I'm afraid I haven't come across the tests your dd has had - heart murmur could be innocent, was it picked up with her sitting up or laying down? Has it been picked up before?

Are the tests you've had metabolic... have you discussed genetic testing etc to see if there's something that can be pulled up, also I'd contact SWAN (syndromes without a name) theyre fab & have an excellent support network

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now