Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Jelly/mucus in toddler poo?

(5 Posts)
MrCabDriver Tue 21-Jan-14 20:25:27

My DD is 2 next month and still breastfed (on demand, quite a bit).

She pooed in the bath this evening and there was a quite big bit of jelly like substance in it, like the length of a hand.

She has been snotty/runny nose for a week but is not at all ill.
Don't think she's teething - she has all her teeth except the very back 4 but she's upbeat and happy at the moment.
Did a normal healthy poo yesterday.

I however have tonsillitis and have been on antibiotics since Monday - could this be affecting her because she's breastfed still?

I know mucus

MrCabDriver Tue 21-Jan-14 20:26:19

I know mucus can be common in stools when they're poorly, but she seems well in herself and it was quite big!

Any similar experiences or ideas?

panicmechanic Sat 01-Feb-14 22:32:56

Hi, I had the same with my DD after she was eating quite a lot of wheat. Maybe cut down any wheat good luck

BikeRunSki Sat 01-Feb-14 22:35:59

Lactose intolerance?

Idocrazythings Wed 05-Feb-14 08:55:14

DS did this once and I freaked out. I actually took a photo of it and showed it to the chemist. Yes. I know. There is a reason for my nickname. Anyway they said it was ok but if it kept happening to get it checked out. I think it may have been a one off as I haven't really seen it since, but I don't really inspect his poos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now