Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

sore legs

(5 Posts)
hemel07 Wed 10-Jul-13 19:53:26

My 9yr old dd has recently (last couple of weeks) started complaining of pain in her thighs; one in particular but sometimes both. She says it hurts during the night but has not woken me up because of it as yet. She also complains about it intermittently during the day/after running about etc, but it doesn't really seem to be stopping her from doing anything. Written down like this it sounds like something and nothing but every time she mentions it I get a little knot of anxiety in my stomach. I do tend to over react a bit but I hate it when she is not in perfect health/comfort at all times!!! Does anyone elses child suffer/complain about this? Please say yes and make me feel better!!!!!

fruitpastille Wed 10-Jul-13 20:13:41

My ds and onenofnhis friends have achy legs atmnight occasionally. Growing pains?

fruitpastille Wed 10-Jul-13 20:13:57

They are 6.

LoveSewingBee Wed 10-Jul-13 21:18:02

Growing pains are not a medically recognised condition. Some GPs refer to growing pains if they have no idea what causes the pain andif they don't consider the symptoms serious enough to warrant referral.

I would makean appointment with your GP and take it from there.

bizzey Thu 11-Jul-13 13:54:33

Ask to have her Vitamin D checked....low levels can cause achy/painess....My ds has pain in his legs..but he has hypermobility and low Vit D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now