Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

slight bleeding from vagina after a fall - pls help

(8 Posts)
allag Tue 11-Jun-13 11:08:11

worried sick. DD (6) fell this morning, i think she may have tripped and I am not sure whether she fell on to her scooter which was in the hallway, but she was near it and seemed to have had a bump between her legs - she had her hand there saying "ouch, ouch" but did not seem too upset or too much in pain. then in the car on the way to school she noticed two drops of blood on her knickers - we looked and there was a tiny amoutn of blood (just a very think smearing) on her vagina, just at the top of the inside. the bleeding did not go on and she seemed absolutely fine. i am hoping she may have had a scratch/cut but could it be something more sinister like some kind of internal bleeding? She is in school at the moment but I am suddenly seized with panic. i will make an appointment to check her out but do you think I should get her out of school? Sorry, just so worried about something going on internally. thank you.

5madthings Tue 11-Jun-13 11:13:48

She could have torn the hymen, this normally breaks naturally at some point and you don't notice, but its why when you have sex for the first time you are 'supposed' to bleed a bit and is a sign you were a virgin... But it often get broken/torn by playing/fiddling, tampoin use etc.

She is probably fine but keep an eye on her and if it stings when she sees or she is sore/uncomfortable then take her to the drs.

5madthings Tue 11-Jun-13 11:15:04

My friend did this when falling over rollerskating BTW, very dramatic at the time for us as children but she was fine.

allag Tue 11-Jun-13 11:50:31

thank you. will definitely keep an eye. she was definitely traumatized asking if she "could still have babies" sad. and I assumed it was a scratch as the bleeding stopped but suddenly started panicking again. I will see how she is after schoo.

allag Tue 11-Jun-13 11:50:46

school that is.

WorkingtoohardMama Tue 11-Jun-13 11:53:25

I did this falling off a table when I was 7 or 8, my parents did take me to the dr to check it, but was absolutely fine.

Hope she's ok.

monikar Tue 11-Jun-13 12:12:21

DD had this when she fell on her carseat as she was getting in and caught herself on the buckle - it sounds ridiculous now. She cried at the time and there was a tiny bit of blood. She was about 5yo at the time.

I was worried too but she didn't mention it again and was perfectly fine. I would just keep a watchful eye on her when she comes home - chances are she will have forgotten about it by then.

Hope she is ok.

allag Tue 11-Jun-13 12:25:58

Thank you very much - it is all very reassuring. Part of the reason I worried as there wasn't an obvious thing for her to scratch herself on which possibly would have worried me less. I worried it was the blow that made her bleed, and jsut how hard the impact must have been. But of course she may have caught herself on something too - I can't be sure.
will keep an eye.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now