Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd1 (7) big bald patch on top of head, how to encourage hair growth?

(2 Posts)
hazeyjane Thu 06-Jun-13 11:26:23

Dd1 (7) has a large patch on the top of her head, where she has lost her hair. The gp thinks it is probably part of an ongoing problem she has had with diet (wheat allergy) and anxiety. She also has eczema on her scalp, some of which had become infected, and is now being treated.

But she is self conscious about the bald patch, I try and brush her hair over and put up in a pony tail, but her hair is very fine and the pony tail inevitably falls out by the end of the day.

I just wondered if anyone had any ideas about encouraging hair growth, I realise it will take a while to come back, but I 'd like to think I was doing something to help!

cestlavielife Thu 06-Jun-13 16:17:26

see a dermatologist (if you have not done so already for the excema. )

there are creams you can try but they have potential side effects. dermatologists deal with hair loss (well around my way anyway)

has she had a coeliac screen or is it a properly diagnosed (eg by skin or blood test) wheat allergy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now