Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Possible anal fissure 3yr old DD

(8 Posts)
Rosey8 Tue 28-May-13 17:51:09

Have been posting on various boards here recently about my little girl. She has had signs of bleeding after a poo for almost 8months now.
After stool tests came back clear we now have had blood sample taken & waiting ultrasound.
Doc seems fairly sure it's anal fissure & so far only medicine we are trying is lactulose (now upped from 10/day to 20ml) shock
Anything else I can do? Been dairy and soya free for few weeks too on docs advice in case that was aggravating it
X

KateRaeganandMichael Thu 30-May-13 12:04:19

Hi - my daughter sometimes suffers with extreme constipation and basically when she has these bouts we do the lactulose, apple juice helps her plenty, tinned fruit and lots lots lots more water. I know what its like to keep getting passed from pillar to post with drs but I'd keep touching base with them because if it continues she may begin withholding and that's the start of all sorts of probs xx

KateRaeganandMichael Thu 30-May-13 12:16:48

Sorry should have mentioned she's also three and has been off dairy on drs orders for about 6months too x

Rosey8 Thu 30-May-13 15:37:36

Great to hear from you. Has your daughter had the bleeding issue? For past 24 hrs she has now started to have pain. This is the first time in the 8months of bleeding that she has shown any signs of discomfort.

Last night she woke up with the pain and screamed for an hour with a 'stingy bum'. No cream helped, no signs of anything externally. Eventually calmed her down with calpol & a warm heat pack. Got anusol today (on prescription) as am going with the docs current conclusion that its an anal fissure problem. Just have to wait on blood test results etc to see if there's anything else goin on :/

Thanks for your message, although lots of people say this is very common I haven't found many people with kids my daughters age who have had the problem for such a long time. Hope your little one is well at mo
Xx

Coffee1Sugar Fri 31-May-13 22:09:20

Hiya, thought I'd add I've had several fissures myself and the doc prescribed scheriproct (sp?) cream which was bliss.

Eachpeachpearwherestheplum Fri 31-May-13 22:25:25

Movicol is so much better than lactulose, hope she is on the mend soon

Rosey8 Sat 01-Jun-13 07:26:42

Thanks everyone - I think I will ask about the movicol if this doesn't help soon. Think the anusol is helping (the pain but bleeding continuing) altho I don't think we can give her that for very long.
Anyway, here's to a sunny weekend for you all, maybe things will improve soon xx

Rosey8 Thu 06-Jun-13 12:55:34

So latest diagnosis to add to my long list of why DD might possibly have had rectal bleeding for 8months ... Is worms! Is this is any way possible?
I think it could be a combination of internal piles and worms but no idea what to think to be honest after all this time! Anusol seems to be helping a little..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now