Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3yo crying over tummy ache

(6 Posts)
Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 22-May-13 13:57:46

Not eaten much apart from a biscuit. Drank a little milk. Went to the loo yesterday evening, got out of the bath specifically to do a big poo so not constipated. Says not hungry, just keeps saying her tummy hurts. What do I do?

Greenandcabbagelooking Wed 22-May-13 14:41:59

Hot water bottle or microwave wheat bag thingy and cuddle up on sofa with a DVD.
If that doesn't soothe her, the appropriate dose of Calpol or Nurofen.

Mother2many Wed 22-May-13 14:43:10

Be careful...could also be an infection too...

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 22-May-13 14:52:13

Is she having enough to drink? Plenty of water? How about some apple juice to help things along?

Maybe get her to lie on her back, make a game of it, do 'cycling'. This might help if she feels gassy.

The bath seemed to do the trick last time, it might be worth trying again.

Perhaps if she feels sleepy a hot water bottle with a cover and some warm water inside it would help soothe.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Wed 22-May-13 14:53:47

That's great, thanks. I do have a wheat pillow, and a hot water bottle, if I can find it.

She's currently sparko on the sofa. She watched a little bit of tele to take her mind off it but it didn't last long.

ilikemysleep Wed 22-May-13 15:36:11

My 6 year old has a bug that seems to involve 'tummy aches' at the moment. Day 2 he just wanted to sleep and spiked a temperature, day 3 he was fine and I was all set to send him back to school today, then in the night he woke up with tummy ache again and he just (day 4) started with watery stools this morning, but has had them 3 times today only so not the frequency of diarrhea. Be warned that sometimes little kids refer to 'tummy ache' when they have a throat infection, sort of like a referred pain.
Hope she's better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now