Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Would you get your newborn checked in this situation?

(3 Posts)
Asparagui Tue 21-May-13 19:23:22

DS is one week old. Just now DD was sitting with him balanced against her legs, accidently she opened her legs and his little head slipped down between her knees and whipped back. I was right next to her and saw it, it was quite a fast whip of his neck but she and I caught him so he did not hit his head or anything. He did not cry and did not seem bothered although he fell asleep almost immediately after.

I am scared that the whipping motion could cause something like shaken baby syndrome but DH says he was not shaken, it was one movement back and he didn't even cry. DH thinks there is no need to get him checked, I kind of know what he is getting at but I am unsure. What would others do?

Fairypants Tue 21-May-13 20:01:52

I think it sounds fine but, if you can't rest about it, maybe get him checked to put your mind at ease? I'm sure he fine but its not worth your stress. I hope your dd isn't too worried either.

Asparagui Tue 21-May-13 20:59:15

Thanks Fairy, I think I was being a bit of a hormonal postnatal mum. DS seems ok so I'm just keeping a careful eye on him tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now