Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5yr old with crick in neck

(2 Posts)
incywincyspideragain Mon 20-May-13 21:37:08

after scrapping with his younger brother on Saturday, he has now turned into zoolander and can't look left - it is better than it was on Saturday (where he was having to hold his head still and had a hot water bottle on it) and he's not complaining about pain as 'it now only hurts when I try to look left' dh says he has just cricked it and it will get better. This has never happened to me so I just don't know.

Is this within the realms of normal? he's ds2 so not been precious about it but I can see he is in discomfort, wondering if I'm being neglectful...

titan Tue 21-May-13 14:52:02

I would recommend taking him to A&E to get checked. Children can get a condition called torticollis after minor trauma. It is likely to just all be muscular spasm but standard advice is that children should be checked make sure there's no sign of injury to the spine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now