Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD teething at ten weeks!! What gel to try? Anything else??!

(6 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Mon 20-May-13 20:07:53

After screaming hysteria, cramming fists into mouth and more than usual dribbling, we have concluded (along with the GP) that DD is having a bit of early teething... She is only ten weeks.

Which teething gels are good (and aspirin/paracetamol free, as recommended by the GP)? Not sure how I am going to get any gel into her little mouth though...

Any other tips or advice? The poor little thing is in real distress at times sad

baddyfreckleface Mon 20-May-13 21:41:11

Think she can have Ashton and Parsons powders. Much easier to give than gel which just gets wiped off when you're trying to put it in their mouth in my experience.

Soon you will be one tooth down, twenty odd to go!

baddyfreckleface Mon 20-May-13 21:42:30

Forgot to say, at night with Dd1 when she was teething we used to take her downstairs to watch BabyTV. It distracted her and calmed her down at least for a while

Figgygal Mon 20-May-13 21:43:53

Powders all the way gels did bugger all!! boots do an own brand as well as teetha.

emeraldgirl1 Tue 21-May-13 00:19:01

Thanks everyone, hadnt heard of teething powders! Will give it a go.

babySophieRose Tue 21-May-13 11:10:44

Anbesol liquid is the best in my opinion, works instantly. Just check with the chemist if it is ok to use at 10 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now