Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ear infection and measles jab?

(2 Posts)
upjacobscreekwithoutapaddle Mon 20-May-13 19:47:29

Posted few weeks ago. Ds had rotten virus and had to postpone measles jab, the virus turned into an ear infection and today at an appt with audiologist post grommets she said the infection was still present even though he's due to finish antibiotics tmw. She fears it is resistant to them and needs a swab. He is ok in himself. Should I get the jab on Thurs? I'm really torn.

incywincyspideragain Mon 20-May-13 20:27:31

Personally (and only personal opinion because you asked smile) I wouldn't, I'd say a child should be well to be vaccinated and a bad ear infection (or any infection) isn't well, I'd also advise you to read the insert that comes with the mmr vaccination as it lists Otis media as a common side affect, if you're child suffers with ENT issues at the moment it might be worth considering the affect too or at least trying to quantify the impact

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now