Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd (6) and vaginal discharge - please tell me it's not puberty :(

(7 Posts)
IHeartKingThistle Mon 20-May-13 10:33:47

She's shown me some whitish\yellowish discharge on her pants twice now. She's extremely tall but skinny.

I started my periods at 11 but my sisters were 9 and 10. Terrified it'll happen to dd even earlier. Could this be anything else?

Stressedtothehilt Mon 20-May-13 11:33:49

Could be infection perhaps take to GP

HenD19 Mon 20-May-13 11:48:45

My 5yr old has had the same for about 6 months. I've not taken her to the GP as she's not complained of it or being sore or itchy. Interested to know if others have experienced this?

Lottie4 Mon 20-May-13 14:13:22

My daughter came to me when she was eight in a panic as she noticed a white discharge herself and a friend had told her she was about to start her periods. Anyway, we are about three years later and she still hasn't!

Might just be worth having a chat with your daughter and asking whether she feels a bit sore of itchy just in case it's an infection.

exexpat Mon 20-May-13 14:16:59

Check with GP to rule out infection, but it could be the very, very first signs of puberty. Does she have any signs of getting hairy or breast buds?

DD is 10.6 and has been getting the discharge since (I think) around when she turned 9, but still hasn't started her periods, even though she does have breast growth, hair etc, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything is imminent.

janek Mon 20-May-13 14:27:22

My dd has had the same since she was six, and my friend's dd was the same. Not loads, but enough that she has noticed and commented upon it. I presumed it was normal as my friend's dd is a year older than mine.

RedCurls Wed 22-May-13 00:05:51

I had this from a young age - didn't realise it was at all linked to puberty & thought it was normal?! Just how it cleans itself etc?
I was 11 when started periods btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now