Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

15 month old with rash, wedding on Sat, ear infection, advice please.

(2 Posts)
CoffeeOne Sun 19-May-13 15:27:06

My 15 month old son started with a fever last Wednesday eve. On Friday we took him to the GP who said he had an ear infection so we started with the antibiotics that day. This morning (Sunday) he's come out in a rash. The spots are all over his back and chest, some on his face and a few on his legs and arms. They're a faint pink colour. He doesn't seem itchy but is unwell.

Dr google and advice from friends have suggested it could be a reaction to the amoxicillin. Also MIL bathed him at hers this morning so could be whatever bath stuff she used. MIL has suggested German measles however he's had his MMR so should be covered? Other option is chicken pox.

I'm not really sure what to do next? I was planning to take him back to the GP in the morning, but should I be seeking advice tonight? Also we're getting married on Saturday and I'm very worried about a) having a poorly boy and not being able to attend to his needs properly. We have a lots of family who can help out but I'll feel terribly guilty. And b) how should I go about informing our guests? We have 2 (known) pregnant guests and lots of small children including young babies.

Thoughts and advice welcome.

Hawkmoth Sun 19-May-13 15:29:44

I don't think OOH would think twice about you asking for advice re a new rash in a child. My DD had a horrible viral rash recently and they were very good about it. She too had been on ABs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now