Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

kids shampoo for atopic eczema girl!

(7 Posts)
Tubemole1 Sun 19-May-13 10:51:24

Just any recommendations?

Regular kids shampoo leaves her with an itchy flaky scalp.

Thanks!

katecreate Sun 19-May-13 10:59:35

I have eczema and usually just use conditioner to wash my hair. To get rid of product buildup, sometimes I use this shampoo though www.nakedbodycare.co.uk/bounce-curl-defining-shampoo. The ingredients don't make my eczema as bad as others. They have non-curly versions of it which I imagine are similarly okay. It's on offer a lot of the time in Boots too smile.

PigeonPie Sun 19-May-13 11:06:40

Have you tried the Faith in Nature range? I don't think they have a specific one for children, but they are gentle and natural.

My boys use The shower gel/ bubble bath with no ill effects and bubble bath used to be the thing that really affected me as a child.

FoxyRevenger Sun 19-May-13 11:12:08

Burts Bees have a baby range called Baby Bee, I use their shampoo and body wash on my son who has eczema. Then either Baby Bee or Aveeno moisturiser.

ExscooseMeMrOfficer Sun 19-May-13 11:23:34

My dd doesn't have eczema but did suffer a dry flaky scalp. I started to use the baby bee range but as she has long curly hair she needed a conditioner. I have started using a range called childs farm as they have shampoo, conditioner and body wash its brilliant and her scalp has cleared right up. childs farm

eragon Sun 19-May-13 14:00:27

I just use simple shampoo and conditioner. no colours or perfume.

Tubemole1 Sun 19-May-13 19:54:51

Thanks everyone, fort your suggestions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now