Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Something wrong with DD's eye?

(5 Posts)
AntoinetteCosway Sat 18-May-13 09:47:28

Yesterday DD (19mo) bumped her head at nursery and has a small bump plus a little bruise on her face. I don't know how she did it as she didn't cry and the nursery staff only noticed the bruise after the event. (No criticism, I know kids do this all the time.)

This morning she had an epic lie in-she normally gets up at 6.30ish and she only woke up at 9.30 this morning. We kept checking he was breathing as it was so out of character! Anyway, the eye on the same side of her head as she has the bump and bruise doesn't seem to be opening properly. It's a little more than half way open. She doesn't seem fussed and is running around like normal.

Do you think it's related to the bump? I'm a bit freaked out.

(Why do these kind of things always happen at the weekend when the GP surgery is shut?!)

AntoinetteCosway Sat 18-May-13 09:48:01

Sorry, to clarify, the bump is just above her ear but the bruise is on her face just next to her eye.

AntoinetteCosway Sat 18-May-13 11:52:44

Bump.

DeWe Sat 18-May-13 22:49:08

I think I would leave it for Monday and take her to see the GP if it still is like that.

If you have one of those GPs that will offer you their "only appointment available" in 6 weeks time, then I might consider taking her to out of hours tomorrow if there is no improvement.

But I suspect it's just swollen round the eye socket, which is why it's not opening fully.

They do always happen at the weekend, usually Friday night 5 minutes after the Gp is closed. wink

AntoinetteCosway Sun 19-May-13 08:29:43

Thanks DeWe, I think that's sensible. It seems a bit better today so hopefully it's bump-related and not permanent! Am hoping it'll be back to normal by tomorrow...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now