Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 year old with purple lips - do I need to see a doctor

(7 Posts)
Stangirl Sat 18-May-13 09:01:59

DS (2 yo) acting fine and running around etc but has woken with pale/bluey/purpley lips. Eating, drinking and smiling. Breathing sounds normal. Hasn't eaten anything to dye his lips this colour. Should I have him checked out?

juneau Sat 18-May-13 09:05:51

Yes. Blue lips can mean a lack of oxygen getting around his body. Definitely get him checked out.

dorapeppageorgenoddy Sat 18-May-13 09:06:13

His is tummy pulling in or shoulders raising when he breathes? Any history of asthma/inhaler use?

Yesterday doc listened to my sons chest he had no signs of struggling with breath but had a distinctive wheeze that needed an inhaler - no fast breathing etc just sharing as something's only a medical person can help with -

His he cold, bitten his lip? new blue pyjamas that he has sucked?

beautifulgirls Sat 18-May-13 09:29:35

Yes, get him checked, sooner rather than later.

FancyPuffin Sat 18-May-13 09:47:07

I think you should get him checked out.

dorapeppageorgenoddy Sat 18-May-13 11:17:40

Any update?

Stangirl Tue 21-May-13 21:31:53

Sorry - I never retruned. V rude of me. He perked up and so I didn't bother but every morning his lips seem slightly blue to me - I'm not sure if I'm imagining it or not. Will take him to docs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now