Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Unhealthy diet

(2 Posts)
SusieWong42 Fri 17-May-13 17:13:46

Hello - new to this so hoping I have done this correctly.
I am mother to girls of 22 and 24 year old living and working away from home but visiting on a regular basis, and stepmother to three girls of 15, 10 and 8 year old where there is joint custody with their birth mother.
I am in disagreement with the meals that partner wants to give his children in particular the 10 year old and this is causing arguments on the basis that I think I know best having already done it once and he teases that i am too old, having already done it once!.
For instance, the 10 year old is an awkward eater and asks for fried egg white (no yolk) for breakfast which she smothers in salt, she also asks for salt every meal to put on her food to the extent that I took the condiments off the table.
She wont eat some of the meals that i put in front of her and then asks for a bag of crisps which he buys because I wont.
She also won't eat bread but is happy to eat sweets and masses of cheese, I maintain that this is unhealthy diet and moreover that he should not pander to her eating habits as I think that this is attention seeking in a busy household.
Am I wrong and old fashioned? I am doing my best for his three but we are seriously disagreeing on this and I am concerned about her health later on. I would add that she is not overweight and quite fit so I cant really use that argument.
I would be very grateful for any advice from younger and probably more up to date mums out there!

Sirzy Fri 17-May-13 17:17:03

She wont eat some of the meals that i put in front of her

so she does eat some of the meals?

are you ensuring the meals contain at least one aspect that you know she likes?

Do you encourage her to get involved in meal planning and cooking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now