Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

taking 6 month old baby for an x ray

(3 Posts)
wickedwithofthenorth Thu 16-May-13 12:50:55

Just had an appointment through for dd to have a pelvic x ray next week.
She's had a number of ultra sounds since she was 6 weeks and has been a right royal pain about staying still enough for the stills they need to be taken so the majority of these appointments have been repeats for that reason.
The staff in the department have always been great with her and are always very patient with us.
We feed her in the waiting room right before we're due to go in, take a couple of her toys to distract her as they suggest. There's no chance of her taking a dummy, offered but it's never really been her thing.
So I was wondering if anyone could give me any other ideas of how to distract her and what to expect to happen at the x ray.

cathan Thu 16-May-13 17:12:45

My son had to have a skull x-ray at 4 months which was a nightmare as he obviously had to be held completely still (by me!) and screamed the house down. A pelvic x-ray should hopefully be less traumatic. They should give you a lead apron thing to wear (assuming you're not pregnant and can be with her??) and I would take a couple of interesting toys to bring out when she has to be still. I'd assume that she'll have to be held still - maybe by you? Anyway, hope it all goes well!

wickedwithofthenorth Mon 20-May-13 19:19:53

Thanks cathan, dh has got the day of work to come with us.
I think the staff in the radiology department dread us coming more than we do going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now