Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

7 month old twitchy

(3 Posts)
missfitz23 Wed 15-May-13 17:49:51

MissLF · you!
Posted 15 minutes ago
Hi ladies
I always know I can come on here for support
My baby boy is 7 months now and whilst I know it can be normal for newborns to be 'twitchy' I'm wondering whether this is a range of 'normal' for a 7 m old .

He's developing well and everything
He is very twitchy when falling asleep which I know can be normal but today I noticed it when he was relaxing too jut awake watching tv... I could just see little twitches not big repetitive ones just his body looked restless and I could see his hand and foot twitching a bit. He was consious and breathing fine . It didn't seem like a seizure I know there can be subtle ones .

He does if sometimes when falling asleep on bottle or boob too .

I'll ask the ped but wanted to know ifany babies are twitchy like this? Can a baby be twitchy when relaxed ?

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 15-May-13 23:55:58

Does he settle after a bit? I read that all babies twitch a bit...the odd leg or arm etc. If you're worried you'll have to see the GP as it won't go away otherwise...you;ll keep looking and fretting. But having said that, some twitchness is normal in all humans as they fall into a deep sleep.

Here's a link with some info but the Dr is the best port of call....it's probably nothing...we all get anxiety about our babies. I was convinced both of mine had various things when they were tiny.

missfitz23 Thu 16-May-13 12:25:41

Thank you for your reply. I am going to health visitor today jut to ask for an answer !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now