Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Measles in a vaccinated child

(4 Posts)
OwlLady Tue 14-May-13 18:11:24

I presume it is milder?

I am the most laid back mother of all time but it has been suggested to me twice now my son may have it and I have pooed pooed it because he has both MMRs, but after a flare in temp (40) last week, headache, bad throat 2 days and then a recovery for one and half day where he seemed under the weather, but the day after he came out in a blotchy rash on his face, temp peaked again, very tired (v unlike him) breath smells to high heaven and is spotty, snotty - this is today

If it had not have been for the rash i would have just though a flu type virus tbh but when I picked him up from school last week (as he had fell asleep after saying he had headache, was red hot etc) two other children had been sent home with puffy red eyes - according to him

He seems okay enough not to see a Dr, do I have to see one?

and please don't flame me, i really don't have a clue!

noblegiraffe Tue 14-May-13 18:30:16

Measles is a notifiable illness, doctors have to report it to the HPA, and they are probably keen to track cases at the moment.
I'd phone the doctor to see what they want to do.

OwlLady Tue 14-May-13 18:34:30

do you think it sounds like measles? before I googled symptoms I just thought it was a virus blush
I will have to call my Dr tomorrow

ilovepowerhoop Tue 14-May-13 20:37:01

if he has red cheeks it could be slapped cheek - the rash for that also spreads to the body

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now