Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd 9years vomitting and fever

(15 Posts)
Stressedtothehilt Mon 13-May-13 13:09:37

Dd woke up this morning at 6am complained of bad headache had a wee went back to bed and promptly threw up on her bed. She has since vomited several times and can't keep anything down. I've tried her with a teaspoon of water method and as soon as she has the spoonful she vomits. She has a temp of 38.7 and a headache. No diaorreah. Will anything help this pass??? Unsure whether to give calpol or if that will make her ill has well

Elibean Mon 13-May-13 19:15:59

How is she now, Stressed? I had something very similar last week, and assume it was Norovirus. The fever lasted 24 hours, the vomiting only a few hours, and I never had diarrhoea. Bad headache the second day.

I assume you've checked her neck isn't stiff, bright lights don't hurt too much, no rash etc? In which case, give her ice lollies to suck or tiny sips of water or, better, rehydrating drinks such as Diarolyte, and keep an eye out for dehydration.

Hope she's already on the mend!

Stressedtothehilt Mon 13-May-13 19:24:06

Was just coming on to post again, she's still the same has been vomitting since 6am with no let up, is having teaspoon of water and its still not staying down, still has a fever. She says her head still hurts and tummy hurts, no other symptoms. Yep have checked for rash and there isn't one. Hard to know when to call ooh really. Don't want her to dehydrate but don't want to drag her in for an app for them to say she will be ok. Hmm will see how she goes overnight I think

Badvoc Mon 13-May-13 22:12:50

Ok.
Time for ooh now.
She hasn't kept any fluid down for over 12 hours?
And has a headache?
Get her seen.

PowerPants Tue 14-May-13 00:56:54

Hoping she is OK stressed.

Badvoc Tue 14-May-13 08:09:59

How is she?

Stressedtothehilt Tue 14-May-13 08:18:10

Sorry guys just got back on didn't see messages last night as I fell asleep in bed with her until was rudely awoken by being vomitted on! Have phoned out of hours docs and on way there in ten mins

Badvoc Tue 14-May-13 16:04:56

Oh no, poor thing.
How is she?

Stressedtothehilt Tue 14-May-13 16:47:11

No more sickness since this morn but very bad headaches and fever doc said possible viral meninigitis

Badvoc Tue 14-May-13 18:32:28

Oh fuck sad
Poor thing.
Hope she feels better soon.
So glad you took her!
X

Stressedtothehilt Tue 14-May-13 20:06:07

Thanks bad x

PowerPants Tue 14-May-13 21:59:08

Oh you poor loves sad

Hoping you are OK.

Elibean Wed 15-May-13 09:59:14

Fingers crossed starts to ease now. Well done for getting her seen - very hard to tell things apart, so OOH wise.

I had bad headache and fever second day of my virus, which was almost certainly Noro and definitely not meningitis - so hoping its just something like that, and thinking of you.

Stressedtothehilt Wed 15-May-13 13:11:41

Thank you she seems a lot better and sickness has stopped but she's lost a fair bits of weight and seems quite weak poor sod

Badvoc Wed 15-May-13 13:13:07

It may take her some time to recover op.
Lots of rest and tlc x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now