Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

School with fever?

(6 Posts)
ClockWatchingLady Mon 13-May-13 07:44:47

DS (6) really wants to go to school today, and is upset I might not let him. He has a sore ear, a bit of a cold and cough, seems a little under the weather (not too bad) and a slight fever (probably 38 core temp). Should I let him go? Thank you for any advice - I'm terrible at deciding these things.

NotTreadingGrapes Mon 13-May-13 07:47:11

I wouldn't send him with 38 tbh. Though I wouldn't medicate either.

orangepudding Mon 13-May-13 07:47:12

No, he is unwell and may infect the other children.

ClockWatchingLady Mon 13-May-13 07:48:34

Thanks. Temp is just over 37 under the arm (usually about 36), and I heard you add 1 to get core temp - this right?

Rosa Mon 13-May-13 07:50:09

If its low in the am then its likely it will go up later, it sounds as if he if fighting something.. I would keep at home

ClockWatchingLady Mon 13-May-13 08:03:42

Yes, good point Rosa.
He just seems basically OK and is nagging and nagging me to let him go. Maybe I just need to be strong. As for infecting others, I think this is basically the cold that's been going round all his friends, which happens to have settled in his ear. But obviously that's a consideration.
Thank you for the advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now