Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS just put a sterilising tablet IN HIS MOUTH!

(9 Posts)
footflapper Sun 12-May-13 12:16:33

It was in his mouth for a millisecond before I removed & then rinsed his mouth out with milk. Will he be alright? I've got to take him to the docs tomorrow for something else. Will his mouth blister??

footflapper Sun 12-May-13 12:21:52

anyone?

gordonpym Sun 12-May-13 12:28:42

Just to be safe call NHS direct who can then contact the poison helpline.

coffeewineandchocolate Sun 12-May-13 12:31:27

call nhs direct to be certain...

footflapper Sun 12-May-13 12:31:35

Thanks, now about to do it.

SchroSawMargeryDaw Sun 12-May-13 12:34:08

DP accidently made a bottle up for our newborn DS using sterilising fluid, we stupidly had a jug of it sitting next to the jug of water for the formula.

DS drank more than half the bottle before another family member noticed (I was sleeping), NHS 24 were called, they called the childrens hospital who looked up Tox Base.

We were told to watch out for vomiting, diarrhea or any blood. He was fine and that was after more than half a bottle of the stuff.

Theironfistofarkus Sun 12-May-13 12:38:04

Is there a phone no to call on the packet in case of this sort of thing?

footflapper Sun 12-May-13 13:11:32

The nhs direct nurse looked it up on the National Poisons Database & there's nothing too bad to be concerned about, thankfully! I've just got to keep an eye on him & phone back if his mouth swells up, or bloody poo/vomit. I was really worried whether he'd get a bleach burn/blister.
Calming down now!!

footflapper Sun 12-May-13 13:34:37

Oh, & thanks for the replies thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now