Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help! Come away for a few days and forgotten DD's Ranitidine - what can I do?

(4 Posts)
scampidoodle Sat 11-May-13 20:22:30

Can anyone advise me what to do about this?
She's only 15 weeks so I don't hold out any hope of a pharmacist selling it to me for DD, if I tell them it's for her. Do I have to ask for it or would it be out on the shelves?
Am I looking for Zantac?
Thanks.

lyndie Sat 11-May-13 20:28:19

They would have tablets but not the baby stuff. You could get a script from Out of Hours or register locally as a temporary resident to get a script. Or your own GP could fax one on Monday if you phone them. Does she definitely need it? If its just a few days she may be ok?

Sirzy Sat 11-May-13 20:36:22

I would contact the OOH or walk in centre where you are, they should be able to sort something for you

scampidoodle Sat 11-May-13 20:43:26

Thanks. I don't think her reflux is too bad but we forgot a middle of the day dose, one day when we were all out of routine and I thought she was a bit bothered by the end of the day (athough that could have been my imagination).
Thought I might be able to buy it but will try and find out how to access OOH here tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now