Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Red rash and yellow headed spots

(4 Posts)
createbalance Sat 11-May-13 12:11:20

My little one is just over a month old and has developed a fine red angry looking rash over his face and head combined with some yellow headed spots that come and go around his face, cheeks, forehead and chin. I don't think they are worrying him as he is feeding well although the nightime routine is not good, more due to being windy! It seemed to come on about 10 days ago when we had the warmer weather but has not yet gone away so I am wondering whether it needs looking at? I have just been treating it with a wash with cooled boiled water and cotton wool so far and leaving the spots alone. As I say, the bigger spots seem to come and go in different places so not sure if it's a problem but it looks awful and angry. Any thoughts please as I have red up about infant acne etc and most say heat rash goes away within hours and yellow headed spots could be infected but if they disappear overnight and then re-appear elsewhere is it a problem?

rubyslippers Sat 11-May-13 12:12:48

it does sound like milk spots

get your HV to have a look

SisterMatic Sat 11-May-13 12:15:10

Erythema toxicum.
Both of mine had it, entirely normal.
knows because she rushed one of the dcs to the drs in a panic

MousyMouse Sat 11-May-13 12:20:33

could be newborn acne which is pretty common and should clear up soon (dc had it for a couple of weeks).
or (rare though) it could be a staph infection, which would need treatment with antibiotics. go to gp if the pimples spread quickly and/or baby gets a fever or more sleepy or agitated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now