Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Do I need to ake ds to doctor don't know what the matter is

(5 Posts)
bubblesinthesky Fri 10-May-13 09:49:15

Generally speaking he is happy, smiling etc. He is 9 months old.

However, the last few days he's been off his food and only wanting breast milk. I put it down to teething.

He's been wailing whenever I put him down. I put it down to seperation anxiety as he's 9 months which is a classic age for it.

However yesterday I noticed white blobs on the roof of his mouth towards the throat and today they have spread to his gums and his tounge.

I have no idea what it is. Do I need to be worrying? Is it worth a trip to the GPs?

SillyBlueHat Fri 10-May-13 10:18:32

Could it be thrush? GPs don't mind seeing babies no matter how trivial it may seem

fubbsy Fri 10-May-13 10:19:18

Yes absolutely worth a trip to the GP IMO.

It's probably nothing serious, but the doc should be able to put your mind at rest.

bubblesinthesky Fri 10-May-13 14:09:35

Thank you I decided to take him and sillybluehat is right it is thrush. They've given me drops for him and cream for me as they said I either have got it or will get it as I'm still breast feeding him and we'll just keep reinfecting each other.

The gp was lovely and didn't mind me taking him at all

fubbsy Fri 10-May-13 16:27:13

Glad you got it sorted bubbles smile Hope your lo feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now