Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby very sleepy and has cold

(8 Posts)
Hormonalhell Thu 09-May-13 21:18:43

He's 4 months old and has been unwell since injections Tuesday. He got cold/cough too. He been asleep since 4.00 and not woke for a feed yet? I'm worried hmm

BoreOfWhabylon Thu 09-May-13 21:24:57

Try to wake him up now and see how he is. If he wakes and responds to you but you are still worried call NHS direct/111/OOH.

If he won't wake or wakes but seems v drowsy or doesn't respond to you then call 999 ambulance.

Sirzy Thu 09-May-13 21:25:12

How much has he fed today?

Has he had wet nappies?

Can you wake him enough to get him to feed?

As you are worried then give OOH a call and ask them to check him over, or if he isn't feeding/having wet nappies nip down to a and e xx

beautifulgirls Thu 09-May-13 21:34:02

You need to wake him as stated above. Better safe than sorry, if you are still not sure what to do then err on the side of caution and seek urgent medical advice. If non or poorly responsive then 999.

BoreOfWhabylon Thu 09-May-13 21:40:18

How is he OP?

Were you able to wake him?

Hormonalhell Thu 09-May-13 22:43:52

Thanks for your messages, I woke him at 10.00 and he took 6oz, his nappy was wet and now he back down again. He not fed as normal but I've been same and was off food too

beautifulgirls Thu 09-May-13 22:51:15

Please check him in the night even if he doesn't wake up by himself to feed. He is still very young.

Hormonalhell Fri 10-May-13 11:24:01

He woke at 5 and had 6oz but not had much since then. He teething too so being blocked up isn't helping. His nappies been wet tho so I'm sure he's not dehydrated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now