Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Think I should have taken ds2 to gp re facial injury...Wwyd?

(6 Posts)
Badvoc Thu 09-May-13 18:09:18

2.5 weeks ago ds2 (4) was jumping on the pils sofa (I don't know why he was either) and he fell off and hit his left cheek against the corner of a sideboard.
It was very swollen and bruised.
I checked his mouth inside and couldn't see any obvious damage and his teeth were ok too.
Gave him some calpol and thought I would see what happened.
The bruising is still there although nowhere near as bad and the swelling is gone BUT I was just stroking his cheek and I can feel a bump under the bruise sad
What could it be?
Does he need to see a doctor?

Badvoc Thu 09-May-13 18:15:46

Been googling.
I think it's a heamatoma.
So, it should heal on its own, right?

MousyMouse Thu 09-May-13 18:27:55

just go for your peace of mind.

Ds2 did similar to his forehead last year. The bumpy bit took months to go down.

No harm in getting it checked out though, the gp should be able to reassure you.

fishoils Thu 09-May-13 21:05:43

I don't know what heamatoma is - but my DS hurt his lip when his tooth went through the lip - in a fall.

He still has a hard bump on his lip now. I took him to the doctor and she said that it was part of the body's way of healing itself.

Badvoc Thu 09-May-13 21:28:22

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now