Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is it a growth spurt?

(4 Posts)
shufflehopstep Thu 09-May-13 17:48:27

DD will be 1 yo in a couple of weeks and in the last week, she has suddenly started needing loads of sleep. Today she has had about 4 or 5 hours of napping which is about twice what she would normally have. She generally sleeps for about 10 hours at night and usually wakes up at least once in that time. Is this sudden need for sleep likely to be because of a growth spurt or something else? She's still OK in herself so I don't think it's a bug or anything.

pipsqueakz Fri 10-May-13 13:03:20

Hi recently I had the same with my ds 2.5yrs. He slept all the time and ate like a horse and yep growth spurt. He was fine in himself just wanted to sleep and eat. Hope this helps. Also the hot weather last week could of had an effect.

shufflehopstep Sat 11-May-13 00:30:18

Thanks pipsqueakz. I tried googling growth spurts but could only find the early ones (3 months, 6 months)

pipsqueakz Sun 12-May-13 20:19:33

That's OK shuffle. Hope this is of some help. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now