Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nappy rash with pus

(5 Posts)
SupermarketSweep Wed 08-May-13 20:59:12

Hi I posted this in chat for the traffic but one got reply, which was helpful, but thought id post here to see if I got any more advice.

Dd is 12 months, a few weeks ago she had really bad nappy rash when she was cutting a tooth I ended up taking her to the docs who diagnosed thrush and I recieved canesten cream, which cleared it up great.

Now shes cutting another tooth and she has bad rash again but its totally different, rather than an all over pimply rash she has large spots, some of which have pus in them, and they are concenta

SupermarketSweep Wed 08-May-13 21:01:28

Concentrated around the bum area, and very bottom of her back.

Do you think its infected? Or thrush again?
Would you take her to see the dr again or shall I get some more canesten cream from over the counter.

Any advice would be well recieved smile

I usually use zinc and castor oil when her bum is clear, she only gets the rash when she is cutting a tooth

madwomanacrosstheroad Wed 08-May-13 21:08:14

If there is pus take her to the doctors. Also onsider using different nappies if she is sensitive. I usually saw a difference when usi g a lot of cloth nappies as the skin could breathe.

SupermarketSweep Wed 08-May-13 21:18:59

Thanks I have been considering using cloth nappies when she is teething because this is the only time she is sore. Im using pampers babydry at the moment which she is usually fine with, and boiled water with cotton wool instead of wipes.

I will ring the gp tomorrow and try to get her an appointment.

narmada Wed 08-May-13 22:01:41

Is there any chance she is transferring the thrush from mouth to nappy area?? Sometimes oral thrush can resemble teething - think fussy, off food/ milk, dribbling a lot.

Deffo take her back to GP though, pus is suggestive of an infection. Maybe they could take some swabs to check for bacterial infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now